though I feel a bit guilty for not inspecting off more of my own Rookie mom regular Challenges, I am eventually satisfied that my infant as well as I are enjoying each other. as well as that’s great enough.
I’m right here to report on my adventures with Sawyer during months 7, 8, as well as 9:
26. count your steps. C+. I’m currently off the pedometer bandwagon. I do like to utilize MapMyRun or Strava when I run. Does that count?
27. Take your infant swimming. ONCE. We got him into the water on a camping trip using a super suit; mostly, he wished to eat the bacteria-laced sand. bad thing, we only just started routinely bathing him.
28. pack a picnic for a change. FAIL. I can’t believe of one time we ate outside on a blanket.
29. refresh your bedroom. I’ll state YES. We upgraded our own crib by moving house. furniture as well as bed linen is the same, however the walls are a new color.
30. discover a family-friendly pub. NOPE. however I did bring Sawyer to an 80’s celebration as my date. We danced together to Billy Idol’s dancing With Myself as well as it felt all type of wrong.
31. go out for just dessert. YES. We get desserts as well as babysitters with regularity. All hail the Mother’s Helper who eased me into being able to leave my infant in the evenings.
32. patronize bookstore events for babies. C-. He has been to the library though.
33. get a free 8Ã—10 portrait taken. Kinda sorta. We had a household photo taken as part of a preschool fundraising event so I’m happy with my results though we didn’t make an trip of it.
34. hold a Margarita Mommies group. FAIL. Mommies, yes. Drunk mommies, not so much.
35. get some new jeans. YES. I chosen out a pair of Rockstar denim from Old Navy for $30. Unfortunately, they get mixed evaluations from me. On the plus side, they’re current, cheap, as well as stretchy sufficient to get on the floor with my baby. On the minus side, any type of infant provider pushes them down to accentuate my muffin top as well as I show a great deal of butt fracture when I’m on stated floor.
36. send your partner out for a jog. ត្រូវហើយ។ though we mainly run solo, we like our jogger.
37. go to the pet store with your older baby. Nope, as well as he would like this.
38. Take a sensory tour of the neighborhood. Yes, Sawyer likes all stroller rides, particularly those with narration.
39. utilize the slide on the playground, infant style. We did this a bit late. Sawyer likes it.
For the full listing of regular adventures for rookie moms, see our 52 challenges.
Eating my own dog food, months 1-3
Eating my own dog food, months 4-6
Whitney, likewise eating dog food
Eat YOUR own dog food
[Photos by me except the incredible household picture is by Alessandra Cave]